1. Start by clicking the Tools > Email Accounts.
2. The Email Accounts window appears.
3. Select Add a new e-mail account then click Next.
4. Choose POP3 then click Next.
5. Enter the Name as you would like to appear in the From field of outgoing emails.
6. Then enter your new email address.
7. Now enter the email username as provided to you by your hosting provider.
This may be the entire email address or just the username prefix.
8. Then enter your email password.
9. Now enter your Incoming (POP3) and Outgoing (SMTP) server settings in the boxes under Server Information.
The value for SSL and NON-SSL are:
Incoming mail server POP/IMAP : mail.domain.com
Outgoing mail server SMTP : mail.domain.com
(replace your OWN domain name for domain)
Outgoing mail server SMTP : serverhostname.com
(serverhostname refers to the name of the server that is hosting your website.
the server hostname can be found from your web hosting control panel server information section )
10. Click the More Settings button. Then click the Outgoing Server tab.
11. Tick the SMTP Authentication checkbox.
This means that Outlook will login to your mail server even when sending emails (not just receiving).
This is to ensure that you are the only one that can send emails from your account.
12. Most SMTP servers use the same username and password as the incoming (POP3) servers, so leave it selected. Click OK.
13. Click the Advanced tab. For POP or IMAP, key in the respective values for port
Incoming POP : 110
Incoming IMAP : 143
Outgoing for POP and IMAP : 587
Incoming POP : 995
Incoming IMAP : 993
Outgoing for POP and IMAP : 465
NOTE : If you choose SSL settings,ensure to check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box.
14. Click Finish to complete the setup wizard.
15. That’s it! We’ve successfully setup an email account
You can now start sending and receiving email to and from that account from Outlook 2003.
16. Remember that you also have to create that email address in your hosting account before it will work.