Applies to :
- iPod touch
To perform this task, you need to have :
- A Microsoft Exchange account.
- From the iPhone main screen, go to Settings icon.
- Touch Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Touch Add Account.
- Touch Microsoft Exchange icon.
- On the Exchange configuration screen, please enter the following information (for example):
Email : email@example.com
Domain : example.com
Username : account
Password : (account password)
When creating a Microsoft Exchange account on your iPhone, or iPod touch, the autodiscovery service attempts to use your exchange email address and password to determine your exchange server information and configure your account settings on the iPhone and iPod touch.
If the autodiscovery feature unable to verify validity of the certificate that you install on the Exchange server for the domain, the Unable to Verify Certificate will be displayed on the screen. You have to Accept the certificate in order to continue the process.
- If the verification of Autodiscovery feature is failed. Then you have to enter the correct exchange account information in order to connect to the exchange server. You need to add the Exchange server hostname in Server field to proceed to the next step.
You can configure which data that you want to sync with the exchange server. If you enabled the sync of Contacts or Calendars, there are an option for you to keep your existing local calendars or contacts on the iPhone by choose Keep on My iPhone.
However, you may see duplicate entries of the Contacts or Calendars if you proceed with the above option.
To complete the configuration click Done on the top-right side of the screen.
- In case you want to change the sync configuration, you have to go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Account name (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)