Below will be a sample of video tutorial on "Setup a POP3 Account in Microsoft Outlook 2010" using NON SSL setup.
For SSL setup you may just replace the "serverhostname" and "SSL ports" based from above steps.
Step By Step Guideline
1. Open Outlook and select File.
2. Click Add Account.
3. Check Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
4. Click Next.
5. Select Internet E-mail
6. Click Next.
7. Enter Your Name and E-mail Address
8. Choose POP3 as your account type
These are the incoming and outgoing server for SSL and NON-SSL.
Incoming server : mail.domain.com
Outgoing server : mail.domain.com
(replace your OWN domain name for domain)
Incoming server : serverhostname
Outgoing server : serverhostname
(serverhostname refers to the name of the server that is hosting your email
serverhostname can be found from your web hosting control panel server information section )
In Logon Information enter the Email address and password that you created in the control panel
9. Click More Settings.
10. Select Outgoing Server and then My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
11. Go to Advanced tab and change the port values based on your preference either SSL or NON-SSL.
Incoming POP : 110
Outgoing for POP : 587
Incoming POP : 995
Outgoing for POP : 465
NOTE : If you choose SSL settings,ensure to check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) box.
12. Click Finish.