Password Protect a directory cPanel htpasswd
Modified on: Wed, 13 May, 2020 at 11:18 AM
- Log into cPanel
- Go to the Files section and click on the Directory Privacy icon
- Select the directory you want to password protect and then you will see the Set Permissions screen appear. Here you can provide a name for the folder you're trying to protect.
- Next, click on the checkbox labeled Password protect the directory. Makes sure you have a name for the folder you are going to protect.
- Click on Save in order to save the name you have entered for the directory and option to password protect the directory.
Next create a user to access the protected directory
- Click Save in order to save the user that you have edited.
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.