How do I install a Comodo Wildcard SSL Certificate on multiple servers?
When installing on a single server, the steps you’d follow are:
- Purchase certificate.
- Generate CSR. For a wildcard certificate, be sure to enter your domain as *.mydomain.com
- Complete certificate validation. The certificate will be emailed to you by the CA.
- Install on server. Use the SSL/TLS Wizard from cPanel to install the certificate.
When using a wildcard certificate on multiple servers, there’s one additional step you’ll need to take when installing the certificate on each server: uploading your private key.
Your private key is created and saved on your server when you generate the CSR. Since you only complete that step on one server, you’ll need to copy your private key to each additional server when you install the certificate.
How To Transfer Your Private Key To Multiple Servers
1. Login to your cPanel account.
2. Navigate to SSL/TLS under SECURITY.
3. Click on Generate, view, upload, or delete your private keys under Private Keys (KEY).
4. Click Edit under the Action column for the desired key.
5. Copy the private key from the Encoded Private Key: section.
6. Once you have copied the private key to your clipboard, you can paste it into private key box on your additional servers.